Can we Register a Company at Our Home Address in India

Yes, it is possible to register a company at your home address in India. The address where you want to register the company as the registered office address can be your residential address, provided it meets certain criteria. Here are some important points to consider:

  1. Requirement for Registered Office:
    • Every company in India is required to have a registered office address where official correspondence and legal documents can be sent.
    • The registered office address should be a valid physical address in India, and it must be capable of receiving and acknowledging official communications.
  2. Proof of Address:
    • During the company registration process, you will need to provide proof of the registered office address. This can be done by submitting supporting documents such as utility bills (electricity bill, water bill, etc.), property tax receipt, rental agreement, or ownership documents.
  3. Residential Address as Registered Office:
    • You can use your residential address as the registered office address for your company.
    • Ensure that you have the necessary permissions, if required, from local authorities or housing societies to use your residential address for commercial purposes.
  4. Communication and Privacy:
    • Consider the implications of using your home address as the registered office, especially regarding privacy and the potential influx of official communications.
    • If you prefer to keep your residential address private, you may consider using the services of a professional address provider or a co-working space that offers virtual office services.
  5. Compliance and Accessibility:
    • It's important to ensure that you comply with all legal requirements and maintain the accessibility of the registered office address during business hours.
    • Official communications and legal documents should be received and acknowledged promptly.
  6. Change of Address:
    • If you decide to change the registered office address in the future, you can do so by following the proper procedure and notifying the Registrar of Companies (RoC).

Join to newsletter.

Curabitur ac leo nunc vestibulum.

Get a personal consultation.

Call us today at